CLC schedules numerous cross-cultural and "being-there experience" field trips, often to unusual and creative places.
We also schedule special speakers to come into the classroom to support and enrich our curriculum.
Some field trips are optional, non-school-sponsored weekend trips.
One such adventure in past years has been an annual springtime trip to a Mexico orphanage, where CLC families
and alumni take part in a work project and interact
with the young residents, including the child that CLC sponsors through a monthly stipend.
Special field trips/visitors in previous years has included:
- Marine Mammal Cruise – Dana Point Ocean Institute
- Museum of Tolerance (Finding our Families)
- Charlotte's Web, Laguna Playhouse
- La Brea Tar Pits
- Tessman Planetarium - Santa Ana
- Nixon Library - Yorba Linda
- Old Joe Homestead Tour at Riley Farm
- Knott’s Berry Farms – Early California/Passport/Pan for Gold
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Channel Islands National Park ***weekend, family optional***
- Sailing Adventure, 1812 Privateer Lynx – Newport Beach
- Friendship Shelter – Jennifer Greenwalt – Director of Development, Classroom Visit
- Jacque Nunez, Native American Speaker, Classroom Visit
- International Printing Museum
- Discovery Science Center, Classroom Visit
- Chinese New Year Parade, Los Angeles, ***Family Optional***
- CBS Weatherman John Elliot, Classroom Visit
- Dr. Marcus Eriksen - Watershed Wonders, Classroom Visit
- Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens
- Anne of Green Gables, Laguna Playhouse, ***Family Optional***
- Puerta De Fe Orphanage, Mexico, ***Family Optional***
CLC also participates in most TOW sponsored field trips.